Africa

Written by Nicole Mills:

So it looks like I will be headed back to Uganda, Africa sometime in December. I am so excited! It has been way to long and this trip is much overdue. I am most excited to see everyone, especially the kiddos (they have all gotten so big) and be a part of the now long standing tradition of Christmas in the Ghetto.

This event has been an annual tradition of Kids Inspiring Kids since 2006. Unfortunately, I just missed the festivities that year because my beautiful sister Kelli got married three days after Christmas that same year. However, through generous support we have been able to create this experience for the people in the Banda Ghetto each year since. This year, I will become a part of that incredible adventure. Last year KIK was able to feed over 3,000 people, mainly children, and this year we hope to be able to touch even more lives. Each person is given an entire meal that includes meat. Meat is a luxury and nearly impossible to come by in the ghetto.

I will be in Uganda for about a month including Christmas and New Years. I would like to stay longer, but I have my puppy I will need to come home to. If anyone is interested in making a trip out there around the same time let me know! A vacation with a cause is very well worth the time and effort. Africa, as important as it is to make a difference while you are there, actually changes your life even more. It is truly amazing.

Comments